Black Horizon Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Black Horizon Riders

Friendship, Fun and ...levels!

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Can I have 500g ma'am? --Or the guide to money making!!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
2mariazz2

2mariazz2

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2007-07-05

Can I have 500g ma'am? --Or the guide to money making!! Empty
PostSubject: Can I have 500g ma'am? --Or the guide to money making!!   Can I have 500g ma'am? --Or the guide to money making!! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2007 1:09 pm

Personal statement -- After about 3 years in MMORPG gaming I can say one thing! I hate (and I mean really really hate) beggars. In those games we ALL start with a noob, empty inventory and no money at all. If some people are more rich than me, then there is something i m not doing right. Why not find it and solve it?
And as an old friend puts it.... If you wanted the new iPod you 'd never go out in the streets and ask people for money! Why do that in game? -- End of personal statement.

Having said that ( Laughing ) lets move on to our guide Very Happy

1. Official guides to money making

Searching the TOP forums, there are 2 guides worth reading. They aren t listing everything, but they are good enough for starters.

You´re noob and don´t know how to make money being under lvl 30? Read This - by chise
Richie Rich's guide to be Rich - by hokagederik

2. My way

I know, I m not the richest person out there, but I also know, when I need money I usually come up with it pretty fast. These are some of my ways (more coming in future)

--The Smugglers
Yes, yes... The smugglers (lvl20)... Take some deep breaths, get ready to be frustrated and move your lazy butt to their respawn point (1624, 3017 -Ascaron). If you are above lvl25-30 then you can do it. Very Happy

Note #1: How to fight the bots and the voys[/u]: We are all at the smugglers to make money. If you are high lvl enough to kill smugglers fast (one, two shots) then you can pretty easily ks the voys. Voys have to pay for their power, since striker corals cannt be recharged. First of all try to" break" the respawn, so not all the mobs respawn at the same time. Be persistent and you ll end up with the voy shooting like crazy, to try and chase you away. If you are persistent they ll get bored of spending their money like that and move to the next spot.
Bots on the other hand have a different weak point. They hawl and kill at a rank larger than that auto-grab rank. Try to attract some monsters a just outside that rank and you ll end up with the bot killing for you while you take the drops after (I think) about 1 min. Also, just like before, try to "break up" the respawn, so you can ks it more effectively. But "breaking up" the respawn is only effective if you are high lvl enough to kill the smugglers fast.

Note #2: Remember, its a game! Youre probably going to be ksed, called names and deal with ppl that are going to make you furious. Personally I d rather ignore them, or laugh at them when they are being ridiculous. If its gonna mess your mood just stay away from this one. Its probably the most well-known method to easy money, and ppl are always there. And unfortunately, where there are many ppl, there are many idiots too (damn statistics)

--Setting stall

You only need 1 skill point and 5K to buy the skill and you have a stall with 6 slots!! You ll find lots of info on how to use those at the official guides listed above. All I can add to it is that the first skill point is earned pretty easily, so you might want to set up a new account, with a noob, just for stalling. This way you can let your noob at stall mode while you train, or make even more money in some other way!!

Other info (from TOP forum):
Life Skills Detailed Guide - Set Stall - by dwolfy

--Salvaging

You ll need maxed salvaging skill to make this one work effectively for you. You will also find a lot of info about this subject in the official guides listed in part 1. Some tips here are:
-Max your salvaging skill asap.
-Use the Shaitan port. When you leave it, move to the South, past the little island. You ll find a salvaging spot there (851,3828 -Magical Ocean). Thats the best spot to salvage in the whole game! Its really near to the port and no aggressive monsters around. That saves you money both on fuel and repairs.
-The hated porcelain: If you choose to salvage near Shaitan, you will have to know that porcelain pieces are traded for 0 (yes, thats a zero) money. They give you nothing.
BUT, you can sell them pretty good on Canary Island. A friend of mine (thank you for the tip Ninian) spent no skill points on salvaging. He just goes around the salvaging spots, collects other ppl's porcelain and sells it on Canary island. There are good money on that, especially if you manage to lower your tax fee, but Canary is a dangerous place and it takes some sea experience and skills to get there.
-Pirate Hide-Out: This one is mostly for voys. lvl60 Spirit Ships guard the special salvaging spots there. But if you manage to beat the you can make some really good money. Its pretty tough though, and personally I cann t beat those guys, or the voys who come and ks me just before I ve managed to kill that ship Evil or Very Mad

Even more info (from TOP forum
Life Skills Detailed Guide - Salvage - by dwolfy

--Sea Commerce and Mining

My latest finding on how to make money is ...mining!! It takes some time to do it, its not really the fastest way (at least for me, since my tax fee is so high) but its worth it cause you can do something else with another char at the same time.
Here is the plan. You get your ship at Shaitan Port. Then you go to the teleporters and move to Ascaron mines. This place is oozing with crystal ore spots. Mine your little heart out, and get a full inv. Move back to Shatan and take your ship to the Pirate's Hide-out. Land there and follow the South coast-line to the fat NPC (I m so sorry, I ll add coords later). Load your precious crystal ore to your ship (remember: 10 pieces in your inventory are equal to one pile in the ship load). Then move back to Shaitan and sell it.

With a tax fee of 28%, a ship inventory of 32 slots and maxed mining skill I make about 30K in less than one hour with this way (The Shaitan Trader NPC offers you 1K per crystal pile).

More info (from TOP forum)
Life Skills Detailed Guide - Mining - by dwolfy

--Fortune Tree

I don t know about you, but I loooovvveeee Fortune Trees!! Either if you choose to sell what you get, or just try your luck and open it, you can get some worthy items and xp from those.
There are three kinds of red packets dropping from this:
-Lucky Packet
: Thats the most common one. It only gives you xp and red paper for all I know. I sell those for 800-900g at my stall and they don t move so fast anyway. You can also open then, get some xp and red paper for making lanterns, but who knows how to make lanterns anyway?
-Fortune Packets: Those are the second more common. I ve never opened one so I got no idea what you might get from them, but I m sure you can sell them for 9-10K. Still, they don t move fast, but, hey, these are free money!
-Prosperus Packets: The rarest of them all!! You can get HB when opening this one, and HB prices are crazy these days!! You can also sell them for 80-100K and ... yeah baby, they sell so fast!!

This is another one of those methods where you can have another char woodcutting for you while you are having fun with your main character. Just remember to check for the security code every once a while.

And yes, yet another Dwolfy guide can be found here

--The faerie market
You ll find all you need to know about the faerie market here.
I m still exploring this one, and from my experience, at least the skills hardly ever sell from your stall. BUT you can also sell them to NPCs, getting you some money (like 500g a piece) for all those fairie coins that just sit around giving you nothing!!

ADDITIONS
Thank you Popeye for this tip!!
: The latest cooool way I m using these days is the Genesis Quest. You ll find all info you need about this one here. You don t need a fancy ship to do it, and you don t have to be a super sea voy. Me and my beautiful SS can do it in about 60-75 mins. The reward for all those boring mins we spend at sea is an Amplifier, which you can sell for about 350K. Personally I d rather sell it fast, so I sell for 200-250K. But again, cool reward for one hour's work.

Other tips
-One of the things I ve been thinking about now that I found out about the Genesis Quest, is that the most effective way is to set a realistic program. You know how many hours per day or per week you spend on TOP. Set a program, like decide you ll spend one hour per day making money. Me,for example, I have decided that I ll do the Genesis Quest once a day. This way you won t get strained and bored of making money and pretty soon you ll have a good idea on whether a method is working for you or not.

-Well, its true that computers (and especially modems) need to sleep too, but... oh just be mean to it and you ll be rewarded. You don t need to sit in front of your pc to make money. Let one client open overnight stalling. Let one client chopping the Fortune Tree (this one will die pretty fast, cause of anti-bot system, but still, while its alive it ll get you some money you nvr worked for). I think you got the point Wink
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: I m not saying there aren' t any other methods on making money. These are just some of my ways, tested and found more or less effective by me. I m still exploring some more options, and be sure I ll keep you updated. It would be nice if some of you would share their ways too Cool I would also appreciate any feedback, questions etc. study
Now, go out and get rich queen

Last edited by on Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:32 am; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
VandalShin

VandalShin

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2007-07-07

Can I have 500g ma'am? --Or the guide to money making!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can I have 500g ma'am? --Or the guide to money making!!   Can I have 500g ma'am? --Or the guide to money making!! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2007 4:04 pm

OMG this is an awesome guide..

guys hurry and make money!!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Can I have 500g ma'am? --Or the guide to money making!!
Page 1 of 1